Friday, November 2, 2012

A start on Christmas


I actually got a start on Christmas! And finished one January birthday gift.  I haven't decided if I'm giving the blankets or the pillows for Christmas, then the opposite for birthdays.  My little niece's birthday is January 2 so I put together these 2 for her, one for Christmas and one for her birthday.  Pretty cute and fast and easy.  When you have 8 great-nieces and nephews, 14 nieces and nephews, and 7 siblings (w spouses)  you really need to find something quick and easy!  I backed the fleece blanket in pink.


My nephew who received the Chicago Bears blanket is getting a matching pillow for Christmas.  His dad tells me that he has claimed the blanket as his favorite and drags it around the house with him at all times.


I saw this awesome fabric while waiting in the cutting line at JoAnn's and just had to buy a few yards.  I decided to make my husband a few pillow cases and also a little pillow (with envelope case).  He is away at school.  Although it doesn't really match his current bedding-he doesn't care, he loves them anyhow.

                                   

I have MUCH cleaning on schedule for this weekend, a mouse has invaded our house and I need to clean under sinks and such to get rid of all traces of the little critter(s?).  ISH!  I hate mice.  I saw kitty chasing something in the mudroom this morning, hopefully it was said mouse and we will be done with that.  Kitty is now 17+ years old and I think she retired from mousing for a bit, but she is feeling better now so hopefully she is back at work.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.  Have a nice weekend.  Looks like it will be cold and rainy here so hopefully I will have some sewing time after all the cleaning is done.



No comments: