Friday, October 26, 2012

A little better

I decided I wasn't quite happy with how the first envelope pillow case turned out so I made another.  This is the one I gave to the neighbor girl for taking care of my cat.  She hugged it to herself with a huge smile on her face and said "THANK YOU!".  She is such a sweetie.  I found a few other cat prints I had, I like that this one doesn't have so much of the pink pattern in it.  These cases are great-and if you only use one or two pieces of fabric would be so quick.

My friend's daughter has joined FFA and wants to do a project where she makes and sells dog collar sleeves.  She will use the money to buy a sheep to raise for fair next summer.  I whipped up these two samples last night.  The top one is a horse print scrap-doesn't really work for this but it is just a sample/template.  These are very easy to make and don't use much fabric, I think we will be having a sewing day soon to make a bunch of these for her to sell at her school and to her family/friends.



Here are Colt and Minnie modeling them.  They are very nice and stay put because their collars run through them - no tying them on and having the dogs pull them off!  They don't seem to even notice they are wearing them.  I love these!  I think all my friend's dogs are going to get one this Christmas.
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts-Finish it up Friday.  I have a fabric shopping trip (and dinner) planned with my cousin tonight and a weekend free to clean house and SEW!  I can't believe I'm gong to get started on Christmas gifts in October!  Woo Hoo!  I'm going to try real hard to actually get some cleaning in-perhaps early morning so I have the rest of the day to be creative.

No comments: