Friday, November 30, 2012

More Charity Sewing

I made a second rag-time quilt for a fundraiser this weekend.  Unfortunately it has been delayed again, due to the sudden death of another community member-only 35 years old.  The 2 families are quite close so those in charge of the fundraiser are otherwise occupied.  2012 has been quite a difficult year, so many young people with major health issues or who have passed.

I wasn't too sure about my fabric choices with this one, but now that it has been clipped and washed I really like it.  The animal print, pine cone print and orange are all Cabin Fever I love these rag-time quilts, so heavy and warm.  The first one I did I used batting in each square, this one I used a piece of flannel, the same size as the square.  I REALLY like it this way.  It makes it so much easier to piece the squares together as you don't have to worry about the batting peeking out and it really does make it look more 'plush'.

It's sideways and I don't have very good lighting so you will have to take my word for it that it really is nice. 

Here is a picture of the first one all clipped, washed and dried.


They measure about 56X72"-7 squares across and 9 down-perfect for curling up on the couch on these cold winter nights.



No comments: