Friday, November 9, 2012

Winter Flannel Quilt


I found this cute flannel fabric at JoAnn's a while back and decided it would be perfect for a quick winter quilt.  I picked up some red flannel for the back-all on sale at 50% off + an additional 30% off of entire purchase.  I was originally going to make a 'cheater quilt' with the printed fabric on the front and the red on the back but decided that that was too boring so I made one based on Amanda Jean's figgy pudding tutorial.    I didn't piece the second border, just used strips of the snowman fabric.  I think it turned out pretty cute and it was super fast.

       

Here's the back. I just pieced together what was left of each.  I know this is boring but since it's staying here I just sewed the two together.

I got it sandwiched and pinned last night and hope to have it quilted and bound by Sunday.  

I did another blanket/pillow combo.  This one is for my nephew who has a birthday on January 4.  He doesn't have a favorite football team but loves baseball and was quite the star player last summer.   These are both from Blizzard fleece-again on sale at JoAnn's.  I know I buy most of my fabric there, but I just can't afford $10-$13 a yard at the LQS-sure wish I could.

I'll be doing some sewing for charity this weekend in addition to finishing my flannel quilt.  We will have lots of snow and cold this weekend so it will be perfect for staying in and sewing!





No comments: