Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thank You and Congratulations

I had a fairly productive weekend including some fabric shopping AND sewing AND I have 2 finishes!  A congratulations gift and a thank you gift.

First up is the congratulations gift for my friend who is 7 months sober!  She is a huge MT Grizzly fan so I whipped up a fleece blanket for her.  I guess this is my new 'go to' gift, especially with winter coming.  I backed it in grey fleece.


Next up is a thank you gift for my little neighbor girl who helped to take care of my cat while I was out of town.  I made a patchwork envelope pillow for her.  It's very cute and I think I will be making more of these.  I used this tutorial from Texas Cottage.  I may whip one up with a couple of fat quarters of dog fabric I have, she loves my dogs and spends her own money for dog treats for them.


I started my Christmas list and even purchased some fabric to get started.  WOOT!  I hope I can keep up this momentum. I found some great patterns and I can't wait to get started-my list is long.  I am going to start with the great-nieces & nephews and work up to the "old folks"-which, unfortunately is MY generation in our family.
.

No comments: