Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doll Quilt and Pillow

I made this adorable doll quilt and matching pillow/pillow case for a special little girl.









Here's the back.




Here is the quilt with matching pillow/pillowcase.




I think my 4 yo GREAT niece will love this for her dolls.


I made this totally from scraps. The fabric is flannel, I used it originally for a ragtime quilt (is that what those were called?) for another niece several years ago. I stippled this-WOOOOEEEE. Very difficult when using flannel (just an FYI). I don't think I'd ever try to machine quilt a large quilt made of flannel. I used 3.5" squares (3" finished) and it went together really quickly. Basically it's just making one square and binding it. I used a "scrappy" binding of the different fabrics in the quilt.

It measures about 12X18. The tutorial is here.
Amanda Jean used 2.5" squares, I wasn't that motivated-I used 3.5.

Yes, I know I link to her often-I love her tutorials and ideas!


No comments: