Sunday, January 25, 2009

Check these out!

I finally found some time to do a bit of sewing last night-and I mean a BIT.

I've been wanting to make these checkbook covers for a while, I think they will make great gifts. I made one for my regular account, and one for my business account to practice, but I think I will make more for gifts. Aren't they great!? Amanda Jean has a great tutorial here:




As she says "they are easy peasy" and they don't use much fabric; you can definately use fabric from your stash or scraps.


Here's one open. I did make it about a 1/4 inch wider than she says in the tutorial, and I made the pockets closer to 3" than the 2.75" she suggests. I found my checkbook flap didn't fit in the pocket otherwise, perhaps my 1/4" seam was too big?







I also made this adorable coin purse-I love this! Split Yarn has the tutorial here:

I found this through the 30 Days site-I love this site-LOTS of ideas!


I made one that matches my checkbook!













I still need to add a snap, I'm going to pick up several when I'm at the fabric store, as I plan to make lots of these. I like this little wallet too, but it is definately much more work.





No comments: