Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!






























I sent these cute potholder/towel sets to my sibs and a couple of neices this year. I used the Debbie Mumm fabric from JoAnne Fabric-too cute! It wasn't too time consuming, but when you have 7 siblings and 11 adult nieces and nephews-not to mention several friends you'd like to remember, it gets to be too much! I'm going to plan ahead for next year and start sewing early so everyone gets remembered. I ran out and several folks only got a card. Not the end of the world, as we don't really exchange gifts anymore, but I'd like to send a little something along with their cards.


I believe I made 15 sets. I don't know why I thought everyone needed 2 potholders and 2 towels, I guess because that's what the tutorial said! ACK! The dogs chewed up the potholders I made for myself. Little brats. I tried to use some of what I learned about machine quilting, but I couldn't get the tension right and it kept knotting up. In the end I just sewed a cross on each. Much quicker too. I started Thanksgiving weekend, but only made 5 sets then didn't get back to it until a few weeks ago. It was fun though-wish I'd given myself more time.














No comments: