Sunday, January 22, 2012

Get Well Soon!



I made this quilt for my sister who recently had some health issues. My machine decided it didn't like to quilt any more and I could NOT get the bobbin tension correct, I ended up ripping out the quilting on over half the quilt and re-doing it in straight lines. Therefore, instead of receiving the quilt in October as planned, she received it in mid-December. The top turned out beautifully, but I wasn't too pleased with the quilting-but she loves it and that's what matters! I used all flannels so it would be toasty warm this winter.

I used this pattern-Shoo Fly Bed quilt, but made it smaller for a lap size and added sashing in between the columns.

I embroidered words of inspiration and also "mother" "sister" etc. in each white center piece. I love this.




Lessons learned, flannel is tough to quilt, especially when you're in a warm climate! Also, solids show all your quilting flaws. Although they also show all the great things too.


I'm happy to add that sister L is doing great and has wowed her doctors with her speedy recovery!














No comments: