Sunday, September 11, 2011

What I did this summer

Obviously not post anything!

I picked huckleberries-yum! This was from just one of 4 outings!

I floated-A LOT!



I think I have spent more time on the water this summer than in the last three combined. Once summer finally got here it has been just beautiful weather.

I also got some sewing done.

I made a plastic bag holder.




I love this and may make a few for Christmas gifts.

I sewed some dog treat and pick-up bag bags-no I don't use the same bag for both!



I used patterns I found here.

Here's a set I made that you can put around your waist like a fanny pack and clip the pick-up bag holder to the treat bag strap. I love these and have used them often.





I purchased a fabric bundle of fat quarters from JoAnn Fabric, using a 50% off coupon so 5 fat quarters for $5! I have made 3 treat bags and 2 pick-up bag bags and have not even used up 2 fat quarters-how awesome is that! I used some left over table-cloth material for the inside of the treat bag.




I also made some pillow cases to match the quilt I made last year-Finally! I don't know why I procrastinated on that, they are so easy to whip up.

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to our sweet Jazzy-kitty in August. Her kidneys finally gave out.







RIP sweet girl.

No comments: