Sunday, February 7, 2010

Double sided quilt?

I made this great quilt. Here's the front:


Here's the back:


Here is the finished product:

I think I like the back as much as the front, that's why I called it double sided. It didn't take long to piece together, the front or the back. It spent more time here than it took to put it together. I believe I had it almost done by Christmas but got zero done in January.

The pattern is the Me and My Sister Designs "10 Cents- a 10 inch square friendly quilt". I added a 6" border around it. I purchased the pattern and all the fabric at my local quilt store. I believe the fabric line is from Blank Textiles, Inc. (or that is what the only selvege I have left has on it). This is the fabric I purchased on Black Friday when I refused to wait over 2 hours to get fabric cut at Joanne's. It was 20% off and I had the store clerks attention almost the entire time I was in the store. She helped me pick out fabric and calculate how much I would need. I asked her to cut extra (as is my habit, you never know when you might want to make pillow cases or something), and I ended up with enough to make the entire back.


I think this quilt turned out pretty nice but if I could do it over I would add a 3" inner boarder in the same fabric as the binding, then add the boarder that I did. I don't have a design wall and had to lay it out on the floor. Given the animal traffic around here I couldn't leave it there for long and I didn't realize I had triangles from the same fabric as the border on the outside. That's ok though, I still think it's a pretty great quilt.

No comments: