Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How do they do it?

I'm very impressed how bloggers are able to post a few times a week. Although I'm sewing, and taking pictures, I just can't seem to get them from the camera, to the computer, to the internet.

Anyhow, I've been making these adorable purses! See the tutorial here.





The purple and pink was my practice one. I took this to a fund raiser I attended recently and LOVED it! I didn't have to worry about a big, bulky purse bumping everyone, nor did I have to leave it at the table and worry about someone pilfering through it. It is the perfect size for a checkbook, credit card, some cash, my keys, and lip balm. I need to make one less flashy, but I think I will get a lot of use out of it-perfect for shopping.


I made this one for a niece that turned 19 recently. I also made a little coin purse to go with it. A great gift, especially with a little cash tucked inside!





This one went to a niece for her 16th birthday-also with a bit of cash. How cute is that?


These don't use much fabric 2-6X17" pieces of fabric with the same amount of batting. It's also a great way for those of us new to machine quilting to get some practice in.
If you have a serger, I'd serge the edges together. Also, the little purse didn't really seem to match the quilted, bigger purse. So the first one I used quilted pieces. That was too bulky so I just "quilted" the next ones, minus the batting. I think it looks much better that way.
I have 4 more in progress for some little gals that have birthdays coming up.



No comments: